Thursday 17 November 2016

I is for Illuminate


Here with my postcard for The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge where the letter is I.   There are quite a lot of I words but few that I had a stamp or idea for.  So I've chosen ILLUMINATE so think lights and illuminated letters.


The background is a mix of Colour Chemistry Spray Inks - Citrus Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Jubilee Red and a bit of Precious Purple (indigo) to create an intense colour scheme as my H and J pages are paler ones.   The stamps are Punky Flowers from Chocolate Baroque and Mini Calligraphy Set from The Artistic Stamper - I've embossed both in gold to represent illuminated manuscripts of old.  I've just used various markers to add more depth of colour, the letter I Thicker  and the torn dictionary definition.

I've lost track of how many we have left - 2 or 3 - but I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone's end of year photos.   Thanks for visiting and for commenting!!

Elaine xx

PS. I'm also linking to the Craft Stamper Challenge this month where Anything Goes as long as there is some stamping !!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous strong colours, and that script stamp is beautiful. Perfect way to illustrate illuminate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours Elaine and those flower lights are beautiful! A wonderful way to show your chosen word. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the feel of this page and those lights, you've done them justice, they look beautiful in the gold embossing. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous. Do you have a stamp for everything? These lights are just beautiful the way you have colored them. I agree the background colors are intense. They practically jump off the page! Great postcard and wonderful illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! The illuminations are brilliant!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colours - great word too. Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This looks amazing ... love the lights. Thanks for playing long with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have those lights in my house. The rich and intense colour palette and choice of stamps are a winning combination. A fabulous postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great word choice and I love the cosy glow you have created from the lights! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love manuscript letters, I have a calligraphy mat from Artistic Stamper but it's not this one. It looks gorgeous in gold embossing! Your flowers/lights are clever too. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those punky flowers! An excellent word choice and fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page, love the images, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!