Monday 25 July 2016

C for Caravan


Hello there!  I'm here with my next postcard for The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge where the letter is C.  I toyed with the idea of doing cartography with a compass etc but in the end went with CARAVAN.


As I did a country scene for B I decided to do a Caravan in a showroom with a Checkerboard floor (both Oak House Studio stamps).  For the back wall I've used various red inks as there are so many reds beginning with C - carmine, crimson, cerise, cherry etc and I've added a bit of interest with some Conifers (Tim Holtz stamp).    It's just finished as always with the torn dictionary definition and C Thicker.


As we are over half way through I thought I'd take a photo of all 15 together - so you can see them but it also helps me see what designs and colours I've done to avoid too much repetition. 

Thanks for visiting and leaving comments - they are much appreciated!

Elaine x

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful postcard for letter C, love this caravan stamp and all the other C's in there.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the caravan! It looks amazing against the beautiful checkerboard floor and the wonderful reds you used in the background. Apart from 'R', I think this one might just be my favourite! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gem Elaine, and it's a fantastic caravan, too. Seeing all tour postcards together was truly wonderful and shows how diverse you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great postcard; love those strong colours too. I keep meaning to get all my entries together, but haven't found the time yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous postcard. I love how the outdoors background contrasts with the chequered floor.I'm a bit shocked seeing all 15 entries together as that means we are well over half way and Christmas looms on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the strong colours on your postcard. Great word to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely postcard. The caravan looks great in the conifer setting. What a good idea to share a picture of all the postcards to date. Over half way and by the end of this challenge you are going to have a stunning set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous background for the caravan. Find it hard to believe that we over halfway through the challenge already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous postcard, I love the caravan and the idea of putting it in a showroom.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your caravan image.What a good idea to do a halfway stage collage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the backdrop, I can see myself camping on a warm summer night... A fantastic page Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely postcard and great word choice! Love the colours of the background too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!