Sunday 27 March 2016

Art Journal


I've been doing the Wanderlust 2016 classes and was inspired by Karen Michel to create a material covered journal.  Can I just say that I've never made a book before nor tried to cover one in fabric so this was definitely a learning curve.


I started with some cream cotton fabric and sprayed with Pure Colour Inks from Oak House Studio - I wanted a graded effect so started with Vintage Jeans at the top, Jubilee Blue then Totally Turquoise down the bottom.  I didn't have a book to cover so just used card off the back of a paper pad and stuck the fabric on with Multi Matte Medium.

 
 
 
For the pages I used all the bluey-green half sprayed papers I had on my desk ie. bits that were used for mopping up and leftovers etc and punched holes in them all.  I've also used a few co-ordinating scrapbook papers too. 


I fastened the book together with some waxed cotton cord and added beads and an old earing!


I'm really pleased with how it's turned out although I may decorate the front cover and of course the pages inside are waiting to be added to with stamps, journaling, more paint and ink etc.  I'm linking this to the Anything but Cute Challenge where the theme is Crazy for Colour - I've used lots of wet inks in lots of blues and greens so hope that's acceptable.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Easter everyone!

Elaine xx



7 comments:

  1. A beautiful vibrant project! I absolutely love it!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But cute! Branka DTx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elaine, your book is stunning! I could not bring myself to 'deconstruct' a book (which I know is silly) but now that I have seen yours, with the ever so useful pages inside, I may just be tempted to have another go! It truly is a beautiful piece of work!

    Thanks so much too for joining in our Crazy for Colour challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibrant blues and lush greens make for an awesome sauce journal and cover! Such an interesting idea and one I may have to try. Wonderfuk use of the old earring and it puts the perfect finishing touch on this gem of a design. Fantabulous! Happy Easter!

    Thanks for joining our "Crazy for Colour" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work!!!
    Thank you so much for joining our Crazy for Colors challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous journal project, and yes, it is acceptable by our guidelines--using at least one wet medium (ink alone would not count if used just for stamping). Thank you for sharing with our Crazy for Color challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!