Tuesday 8 December 2015

Oh Christmas Tree!


Well here is December's page for The Craft Barn's Calendar Challenge where the theme is GOLD/SILVER and CHRISTMAS TREES.


I've used the Christmas Tree stamp from Oak House Studio and embossed it in gold on some watercolour paper inked with a mix of Emerald Brushos and Citrus Lime Ink in a Bottle.  For the background I've blended some Triple Fruity Red ink over Tim Holtz's Holiday Knit layering stencil to give that Scandinavian feel.   It's just finished with the December Calendar, some gems for baubles and a Gold Stickles border.

I really need to get on with constructing my calendar but in the meantime here is a photo of all 12 pages together - all completely different but part of a set!


I'm happy that they are all done so I can make the calendar but sad this challenge has come to an end.  If you've visited over the year and maybe left a comment - MANY THANKS!  I'm looking forward to what challenges the New Year brings!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Elaine  xx



PS:  Just having a new boiler fitted so thought I'd use my time wisely and finish my calendar.  I've left it unstuck at the bottom so that I can pack it flat as a gift. It's a bit front heavy but it will be fine come April when there's 3 months at the front and back!!


  

8 comments:

  1. Great page Elaine, and I love your tree! Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing you again next year for the new challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - we made it to the end! Love that knit background. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tree stamp for this last page. Definitely perfect for December. Isn't it impressive to see all the pages together and marvel at our "work"?!! A pat on the back, at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour blending on the tree and it looks great on that background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look great all side by side. I especially love the owl xxx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful calendar you have created, and I have enjoyed seeing each page each and every month. Sending best wishes for a fabulous 2016 to you and your loved ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background stencil - it's now on my need list! A great finale to the year and well done on getting to the finishing line. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous result! I wouldn't have the heart to part with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!