Sunday 9 August 2015

Vintage Blue Heart


I was lucky to get a couple of the new Pure Colour Chemistry Watercolour Inks early so thought I'd have a play!!  Here  I've used Vintage Blue Ink in a Bottle with Vintage Blue Pure Colour Chemistry.

I first sprayed a stripe of the Ink in a Bottle on a sheet of watercolour paper and immediately held it upright to create the drips - this is a bit experimental as I sprayed ink and water a few times.   Once this was dry I drew a line of  the Pure Colour Chemistry Ink and held this upright and allowed more drips to form.

 
 
 


I've used the Scroll Frames set of stamps - 4 stamps that fit on the block to create various scroll frames. 

 Using all 4 stamps to create the larger heart, 3 for the smaller one and then rectangular and oval frames and a scroll background......a very versatile set of stamps!!












Once my background was dry I silver embossed the large scroll heart and then used a very small paintbrush and coloured in the sections with Vintage Blue Pure Colour Chemistry Ink.  I've matted and layered and to finish added the Creativity sentiment stamped in Midnight Pigment ink, coloured with Ink in a Bottle and on a mat painted with the Pure Colour.



I'm loving these new inks as you can control the depth of colour so easily!!  The Pure Colour Chemistry Inks are on pre-order till launch on 14th August.  Why don't you pop over and have a look - loads of lovely colours!

Elaine x



2 comments:

  1. I am really loving the Vintage Blue too and you have used it so beautifully and so creatively Elaine. The silver embossing really makes the background colour really stand out - love it, a lot... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!