Saturday 13 June 2015

Sunflower Canvas


Here's another project for the ONE STAMP event - I decided to get painty and inky and create a mixed media canvas with the Sunflower Stamp as the main feature. 

Firstly I sponged two shades of Fresco Chalk Paint on the canvas - mainly Limelight but with Hyde Park round the edges.  I then sprayed it with Bottled Sunshine and Glorious Gold Ink in a Bottle and dripped some Bramley Apple down the canvas.


I then randomly stamped the English Garden Text using Pumpkin Pie Pigment Ink and used a plastic card to add the lines using Yummy Chocolate Pigment Ink to create the trellis effect.


Over that I smoothed some Grungepaste tinted with a little Hyde Park through a leaf stencil, removed the stencil to wash it and immediately added some  Welbeck Green and Gold Embossing Powder to the paste.  Once it was dry I heat embossed it.  It was a little too white so I added the stencil again and sponged on some Green as Grass Pigment ink.


Next I stamped the Sunflower on some cream cotton fabric 3 times withYummy Chocolate Pigment Ink and clear embossed - this acts as a gutter to stop the ink seeping.   I then painted them with Citrine and Amber Acrylic Inks.  As I knew cutting them out would be fiddly I overpainted them so I wasn't left with any cream edges.


I stamped the Sunflower 3 times on some aluminium with Stazon and cut out inside the lines.  I stuck the fabric to the metal and shaped them to give dimension to the flowers.

My canvas is just finished with the saying printed on the computer, outlined with orange Sharpie.


All the Stamps, Ink in a bottle, Ink Pads and embossing powders are from Oak House Studio

Elaine x

1 comment:

  1. Stunning I might also give this a try. Thank you so much for giving so many details

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!