Thursday 7 May 2015

May and it's Magenta


No exams this morning so thought I'd have a go at my May page for The Craft Barn's Calendar Challenge - the words this month are MAGENTA and FLOWERS.   I'm using 14cm squares which will be stuck onto A5 black card and bound at the top to create a flip calendar.


I'm not really a pink person but when the theme is magenta then you have to go the whole hog!!  The background is a pale mix of Picked Raspberry Distress Ink which I also used to stamp the Clematis Tower (from Oak House Studio) in the top right corner.   For the main image I stamped the Clematis Tower with Onyx Black Versafine, clear embossed it and coloured with Pentel Colour Brushes.  To tone down the pink a bit I've edged it with Seedless Preserves Paint and framed the May calendar with purple card. 

It's a bit crinkly I'm afraid but I'm sure it'll straighten out before the year's out.  I think you'll agree it fits the bill of magenta and flowers!!  

Thanks for popping by and for any comments  you leave - they are much appreciated. 

Elaine x

11 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers and I love the pink and magenta together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that Clematis tower and it looks beautiful the way you have stamped it on the right and then on the left. I quite like the pink too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tone on tone effect of the stamped flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a lovely May page, love the contrast with the stamping. I have just started collecting the Oak house inks, i may need to start with their stamps too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the double stamping and how you finished off the coloured one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that clematis stamp - pretty page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combination of the 2 images finished in 2 different styles. Great page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent. I do like this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty calendar page and the different stamping styles are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mirrored image. This is so pretty. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!