Monday 3 November 2014

Christmas Wreath and more!


The new Oak House Studio Challenge for November has the theme of WINTER - so winter scenes, Christmas etc etc.  I've made a few cards that hopefully will inspire you to have a go - there's a prize to be won.


For my first card I've used the Christmas Wreath set - 7 stamps including branches, holly leaves and ivy plus a sentiment.  It was designed so you can build your own wreath but in this case I've just created a corner of foliage.    I've used buff card and stamped with Yummy Chocolate, Forest Green and Green as Grass Pigment inks.  The Wishing you a Merry Christmas sentiment is gold embossed and I've added some Stickles for berries.


My other card is totally different and uses the Block Frame stamp - I saw someone use it as a window frame looking out to a moody sky but I decided to look from outside in.   I've used Yummy Chocolate Pigment Ink for the frame, and then using a Brick Mask stamped Winter Words and blended ink through to create the outside of the house.  Inside the net curtains are the Mack Rose stamped on vellum, the wallpaper is linen card and I've coloured both with Paris Pink Ink in a Bottle.  The Christmas Tree is embossed with Black Sparkle and coloured with Citrus Lime Ink in a Bottle.  I've added a few gems which caught the flash on my camera and I hope you'll agree it definitely looks Christmassy!

Pop over to the Oak House Studio blog for more inspiration throughout the month - I have another card to show you on Wednesday!   You can find further details on facebook - the Oak House Studio page or the INKspired group - its a closed group purely to keep spammers out so do ask to join.

If you have any Oak House Studio stamps and inks, then please enter the Challenge and keep an eye out for new stamps including Fireworks and Celebrate words!

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are beautiful Elaine but that brick wall has me fascinated, I just love it with those subtle words and your window idea is fantastic! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!