Friday 8 August 2014

August Challenge - Alphabetica


Behind with my blogging again but I have been making things - it's just that I can't publish them just yet!   So today sees the launch of the August challenge over on the Oak House Studio blog with the theme of Alphabetica - anything WORD, LETTER or NUMBER related.




Today I thought I'd show you a couple of my cards using the Large Rose stamp.   The first image is very clean and simple with lots of white space.

I stamped the Rose, masked it off and then stamped over with the English Garden Text stamp.





I then decided I didn't really like it, so cut it down and created a Mothers Day card instead.  Still quite simple but much better I think!!



My final sample today is an MDF frame sprayed with Totally Turquoise, Peacock Green and Denim Blue Ink in a Bottle and then gold embossed with the English Garden Text.
 
I've used the Linen stamp for the background and  the Without Change set of stamps.
 

Full details of the challenge are on the blog and all Oak House Studio products can be found HERE  The English Garden Text stamp is a lovely script font, is great for backgrounds and I have it on good authority it is likely to be "Stamp of the Week" shortly but is already in the shop at half price.

Thanks for looking and why not enter the challenge - there's a prize to be won!!


 

3 comments:

  1. The rose is a real beauty Elaine, it reminds me of the Tea Roses my Mum used to grow.... I adore the butterflies too and that wonderful saying! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rose cards, and the frame looks amazing.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose cards and the frame is amazing.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!