Tuesday 22 April 2014

Tim's Tag - April Flowers


Well I'm running out of time this month so I'm combining two challenges - A Vintage Journey where the theme is Spring Flowers and Tim's Tag for April 2014.

We  were away at Easter visiting family and drove along the A17 in Lincolnshire with the sun shining.   If you don't know the area then it's where the daffodil bulbs are grown - as far as you can see,  fields and fields of daffodils in stripes of yellow, orange, cream narcissus, more yellow, more orange and a few tulips too.  Such a glorious sight!!


So my design is based on Tim's Tag with a background of Snowcap Dabber, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks over homemade tissue tape.  I've used Tim's Tattered Florals die with some free papers, inked the edges and made the flowers.   For the foliage and trellis I've used Memory Box dies coloured with Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, added some shiny and coloured bits etc and finished with seam binding and a word tag.

It's exceedingly yellow which is not normally me but I love bright flowers in the Spring.  Thanks for visiting and for your comments - they are always very much appreciated!!


7 comments:

  1. Creating a fun,very beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous take on Tims April tag. and very spring like with the sunny yellow colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on Tim's tag Elaine and I also love daffodils, so the colour is perfect to me. Great adaptations too. Thanks so much for joining us for the Spring Flowers challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty take on Tim's April tag! I love the yellow colors and those fabulous flowers. Thank you for sharing your tag with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours, like your April tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great take on Tim's April tag and so wonderfully springlike with the yellow and those wonderful flowers. Thanks for travelling with us at A Vintage Journey for our Spring Flowers Challenge. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your interpretation of Tim's tag, fabulous colours, spiced marmalade is one of my favorite DI colours, works so well with the mustard seed.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!