Monday 18 March 2013

Golden Wren


Here's my tag for Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge week 249 where the theme is to use BROWN.


The background tag is a mix of Vintage Photo, Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress Inks spritzed with water etc and then I've blended Peeled Paint through a Leafy Swirl stencil to create that deep dark forest look! 

The wooden bird on a branch is an Artemio one that I've inked.  I originally coloured the bird as a bluetit but I didn't like it so just used Gold Dabber over it - I decided it now looks like a wren. I've added a little Bundled Sage Distress Stickles on the leaves for added interest.  My tag is just finished with some seam binding inked with Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage, oh and some stamping of the sentiment......nearly forgot!! 

Anyway hope you like my golden birdie and thanks for all your lovely comments. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, I clicked on the photo to get a closer look, the birdie looks amazing with his golden feathers and I really love the background you created. I found it hard to stick to brown for mine..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag, love the background and the bird is great with the gold dabber it looks great.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw ickle wren is so cute... fabby background hun...Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!