Wednesday 28 November 2012

Vintage Santa


Here's another Christmas card made for Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge week 233 where the theme is VINTAGE.


I've used the same Santa stamp as last week (from Tim Holtz's Santa's Wish set) - for some reason I've always done him in a clean and simple way which makes card production a lot quicker.  But this week I challenged myself - stamped him in Jet Black Archival on cream linen card and started painting.  

He's coloured with Distress Inks - Aged Mahogany and Pine Needles - the berries are red Sharpie and his hat and beard are done with a white Inktense pencil.  I've just gone over his hat with a Stardust pen to make it sparkle a little.  To create a frame I've randomly stamped the spruce with Iced Spruce Distress, torn the edges and blended with Aged Mahogany.

The background is stamped with the holly stamp in Bisque Colorbox Chalk and I've just finished the card with some burgundy ribbon and Merry Christmas.

Now for a quandary - it seems to me vintage is just using a duller/darker shade of the colours, but is that what they actually used or is that how we see it now as the colours have faded over the years.  Feel free to give me your thoughts!!   Oh and thanks for looking!!

6 comments:

  1. aw he is deffo my fave santa image... ever! No, vintage isn't just for dark colours *although I do use them lots lol* you can add a smidge of vintage to any colour... just add a bit of distressing I reckon :O) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Elaine. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have used the Santa stamp on this card, the colouring is superb. Just catching up on my comments will be away next week in Leeds visiting so have lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, a lovely vintage Santa with beautiful colouring. Perfect. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa looks amazing coloured up, he has such a lovely face and your colouring is fabulous. The whole card is a real stunner. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!