Wednesday 21 November 2012

July


Here's my next tag for the Craft Barn Calendar Challenge week 8.  The theme this week is CHILDREN/CUTE. 


I thought last week was a challenge but I don't do cute and I have no children stamps ............. but as the whole calendar is going to be a gift for my daughter I'm hoping I can get away with it. 

She's studying History so I've used the medievally looking Lynne Perella stamp from Paperartsy LPC008 inked with Olympia Green Versafine and coloured it using a waterbrush with Rusty Hinge and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks.  I've masked the image, blended around with Mowed Lawn and Bundled Sage Distress Inks and then splattered it with water.  It's just finished with some ribbon and the calendar.

In medieval times, things were maybe a little darker, but this is my July tag so I went for bright greens and orange!! I have to say it is brighter in real life - it's so dull today to get a decent photo!!  Anyway it's getting harder to fit the theme with the months left but I shall persevere!!

Hope you like and thanks for looking.

8 comments:

  1. I am sure your daughter will love this calendar, the colours are great together and the stamp certainly gives it a Medieval feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! One could say that that face is cute.;; Love the design of the calendar "tag" as I don't do "cute " either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag. Love the green. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute was a challenge, isn't it? And your medieval princess is cute and your background is gorgeous!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background and stamps whether or not it is children/cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do cute and I only have a few children stamps so I found it difficult too. I have this stamp set so your beautiful calendar tag is right up my street. Sorry but I'm late catching up with my comments.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag Elaine
    Thank for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours and image on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!