Monday 7 May 2012

Brown and Blue

Here's a tag I've made for Hels Sunday Stamper challenge week 204 with the theme of Brown and Blue.


The background is a mix of Vintage Photo and Old Paper Distress Inks and Walnut Stain Re-inker spritzed with water and mopped up. I have to say this came out a whole lot darker than I intended but I love it - who says brown is dull!!

I just blended on some Broken China and Stormy Sky around the edges and then went searching for a big butterfly stamp to maybe create a moth!! Didn't have one so just added some ribbon and a Tim Holtz sentiment from his Stuff to Say set.

Thanke for looking!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine. Love the contrast of colours in this tag. The background almost looks like Tortoise Shell. Brown is certainly not dull! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing dull about the brown on this tag Elaine, I love it and it really sets the wonderful blue sentiment off beautifully. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anne - this couldn't be further from dull if it tried! In fact this just sums up 'distress' in one beautiful package.
    Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor, that background is right up my avenue (am going posh for Bank Holiday lol) LOVE all that inkiness... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Mix of Brown and Blue here Elaine, lovely Tag! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine what a fabulous tag, loving your DI colours and your sentiment is fab. Congrats on guest appearance at oak house and thanks for sharing. Crafty hugs....Annie :)

    Ps thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having a little problem with my messages at the moment-did leave you one but gone astray. Love your tag Elaine. The background almost looks like tortoise shell. The sentiment is just right. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the backgoud and the sentimemts stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!