Monday 21 May 2012

Artistic Circles

Here's a tag for Hels Sunday Stamper challenge week 206 where the theme is CIRCLES.


Well I have loads of Oak House Studio circle stamps so the background was easy!! I used various stamps from the Round Palette set with Distress Inks - Barn Door, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade - and then blended over with Mustard Seed. Next I overstamped with the Journalling Circles in Jet Black Archival and added some seam binding coloured with Distress Inks.

Now is there anyone else out there who does the same as me - makes a background then doesn't know how to finish it off?? I looked at a quotes website for inspiration and came up with a good quote - The World is Round so Friendship can Encircle it - but that didn't seem to fit my tag. Then there were Mathematical Definitions etc. Then I got onto Circles of Friends and Artistic Circles which I thought sums up blogland nicely.... so I stamped that with a Pixie Alphabet from Hero Arts.

Hope you like and thanks for looking!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm always starting something & not knowing how to finish it! This is very bright & happy. I love the boldness of it & I think the sentiment is great. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, a great starter but not such a good finisher, that's me. Well done for looking up quotes, love the World is Round one. I love your tag, it is so bright and cheery and I like the way you have overlapped the circles. Your sentiment does sum up blogland nicely. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with a lot of thought. Yes I believe Blogland does have a circle of friends. Glad to be here.
    Maureen........x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tag Elaine. Love you colour choices too. Well Done. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh this is lush Elaine, LOVE the circles of colour, perfect... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!