Thursday 24 February 2011

New Ideas

Just spent a few days away re-charging the old batteries and spending some money. The main purpose was to go to the Stitches Trade Show at the NEC to source some new products for Oak House Studio workshops and the summer school. But before we got there we had to have a trip to Ikea to buy some mirrors and frames etc.

We spent 3 days walking the show, bumped into loads of friendly faces and spent some time on the Personal Impressions stand watching Lindsay Mason, Rachel Greig and Tim Holtz demoing. We did several workshops - fimo modelling, jewellery, painting bisque and crackling frames and of course stamping. As the workshops are only 45 mins long, most of my projects still need finishing off. But I did manage to complete this wire wrapped Swarovski Crystal ring.


I've never done any wire wrapping before but even I managed to make a ring that does actually fit. Don't you just love the bling!! It's certainly something I'd like to have a go at again when time is not so short.

I have a few Darkroom Door cards to finish so watch this space!!

1 comment:

  1. love your blingy ring, not my normal thing but having seen it real life I think I could get used to wearing it. So glad you enjoyed stitches and the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!