Monday 2 August 2010

Old and New

Here's my piece for the Sunday Stampers Challenge 114 based on the theme of Something Old and Something New - for all the details check out Hels blog.


Hels has been using CDs recently so that's where the idea came from - an old CD, free with a Sunday newspaper, that I've covered in glossy card which has been swooshed with Stazon and stamped in black archival. I just swiped the pad on the card to produce the groovy effect. I also decorated the CD sleeve.

The new parts are the Flourish Swirl stamps from The Artistic Stamper - I won Jennie's blog candy a week or two ago and these stamps arrived in the post so thought I'd put them to good use. I love the solid black over the bright background. If you haven't already heard there's a new Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog with a monthly challenge - check it out here.

Hope you like my CD. Looking at it again, it looks like a giant bauble so maybe I'll get some more old Cds out and do some in christmas colours.

6 comments:

  1. Like the Christmas Baubble idea sounds good! and the black and bright colours do create a stand out image

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgoeus - love those bright colours hun... and aren't CD's just the best to work on ! thanks for joining in with teh Sunday sTamper and The Artistic Stamper challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this piece really catches the eye, what a stunner,Thanks for joining in with the ASCTC and good luck
    hugs Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous artyness! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine, great piece and thank you for joining in..:))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!