Wednesday 26 May 2010

Riptide

Here's my entry for the Sunday Stampers Challenge 104 with a theme based on the song Rip It Up and Start Again. Haven't quite sussed out how to put a picture link on my side bar but Hels sets the challenge so go take a look at her blog.

Not sure where the idea came from but riptide came into my head so that's what I've done. A rip current (so the dictionary tells me) is a strong channel of water flowing seaward from near the beach, typically through the surf line, and can occur on any shore that has breaking waves. Well I tried and mine certainly threw up a few shells and things!!



I swooshed Broken China, Faded Jeans, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Inks and mopped it all up again to create an angry sea, spritzed with perfect pearls, tore sections to create white crests on the waves and threw a few shells and a starfish into the mix. The stamps are all Oak House Studio ones. They are very detailed stamps but here I used normal gold embossing powder - they look like they've had a troubled life in the waves!!

It's amazing how one word or phrase can lead to so many diverse creations but that's the beauty of challenges!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, love it.. thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper :O))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!