Thursday 15 April 2010

Mack Rose

I'm in a bit of a lull as far as crafting is concerned- no birthdays in the near future, no recent photos to scrap and no 2010 mini book to keep up-to-date - I blame the snow and exams in January as I never got started this year!!
So I had a look through my photos to see what I haven't shown you on here. One of the things I'd like to do more of is melt art - I invested in a melt pot and have had a few sessions playing with embossing powders and using cookie cutters. Its fascinating the colours and patterns you can create. My philosophy is if its looking a bit boring add some more!

The photos show both sides of a necklace and to be honest I'm not sure which I like the best - the pearly mackintosh rose front or the marbled back. What do you reckon??


I placed a frame over the Mack Rose stamp and then poured utee over the top. Once it cooled I rubbed perfect pearls over the surface, added one of t!m's philosophy tags and attached to cords using jump rings. E is for Elaine, not really excellence - for professional info on melt art then look at the videos on the Ranger website or on Suze Weinberg's blog.

Just spotted on The Craft Barn's blog they are doing a mini book challenge (a sketch a day for 9 days) so I might have a go at that although I'm out all weekend and working next week. Anyway I shall give it a try - if this appeals to you, check out The Craft Barn's Blog for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!