Tuesday, 18 October 2016
For various reasons I'm not getting much crafting done but thought I'd have a play this afternoon and make my postcard for The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge. The letter this time is V - I've chosen Valentine but if you visit regularly you will know I've tried to use as many v words as possible!!
So the background is a variegated vibrant mix of yellows through to reds and I've stamped the Pansy Pot down the side with Vermillion Archival. I've also gold embossed the Pansy stamp and coloured it a purple-blue.....think Violas!! The main element is the Walesby Heart gold embossed and again coloured in purple-blue. It's just finished with the V Thicker and the dictionary definition.
Well I've filed that as no. 21 so we can only have 5 more to go = 10 weeks to Christmas. How did that happen??? Anyway thanks for popping by and for all the comments you keep leaving.
Monday, 3 October 2016
There's a new letter over on The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge - this time it's E so I've gone for Engineer as I had some suitable stamps.
I've done the background green...think Emerald...but it's actually Mowed Lawn Distress Stain as it fits nicely between the dark & pink letter D and the lilac letter F. The diagram stamps are from Tim Holtz Steampunk set, the Checkerplate is from Kaisercraft and the Dapper Men are from Paperartsy. Whilst my other half is an engineer, you can't really depict them without their Victorian top hats can you? As always it's just finished with the dictionary definition and my E Thicker from the Platforms set.
Can't believe it's Monday and I've got my postcard done already. I'm guessing there will be loads of interesting words chosen this time...off to have a look. Thanks for visiting.
Sunday, 25 September 2016
Here's my next project using the Thoresby stamp and the red pigment inks.
Only a few hours left but please visit the blog to see all the DTs projects this weekend and check out the Inkspired page on facebook too. Many thanks!!
As you may have gathered by now you don't just have to make cards with stamps and a trawl round the pound shops usually provides some sort of base for a project. This time I've chosen a large plaque with a raised heart in the middle.
Full details are on the Oak House Studio blog but here you can see how I created a lovely textured frame.
Once this was all dry I painted it with Decoart Media Fluid Acrylics adding the triple embossed heart too.
I really enjoyed making this and am off back to Poundland to buy a few more. Please leave a comment here or on the Oak House Studio blog - there are still more projects to come!! Also check out the Inkspired page on facebook for more projects.
A while back I did some backgrounds using the Pure Colour Chemistry Inks on watercolour paper - I overdid the Vintage Green and when it dried I was mightily impressed with the elephant I created.
Can you see it? Big flapping ears and 2 legs and a trunk!! Well I can see it but the rest of my family think I'm strange......! Anyway I made a couple of Gift Card holders.
For some reason I can see a frog on the inside too and yes, other Gift Cards are readily available!
Anyway hope you like this idea - full details are on the Oak House Studio blog. For more keep checking back and visit the INKSPIRED group on facebook too.
Day 2 of the ONE STAMP weekend and for this project I've used a piece of MDF painted with acrylic inks and added some Stampbord squares.
Saturday, 24 September 2016
Here's my next project using the Thoresby stamp, inks and Brushos.
The main element is created using Soft Relief Paste in Gold (made by Colourcraft like the Brushos) spread on the Thoresby stamp with a palette knife and left to dry. Full details are on the Oak House Studio blog so please pop over and take a look.
Hope you like it and thanks for visiting keep visiting for more projects from me and the Design Team. Also check out the Inkspired page on facebook for more projects.